Abatec are delighted to be partnering with one of the South West’s leading housing developers who are currently recruiting for an experienced Buyer. The successful candidate will join a skilled and dedicated commercial team based at their offices in Bristol and will be responsible for working on several landmark, residential developments ranging from £5m - £50m across the South West.
As a Buyer you will:
- Partake in the procurement of building and preliminary materials including order production via site manager.
- Visit construction sites on a regular basis to discuss and monitor the requirements of the project team.
- Visit suppliers / manufacturers to develop product knowledge and relationships with key personnel.
- Assist with project commercial team in preparing buying schedule.
- Oversee all material procurement matters.
- Monitor business levels with preferred suppliers.
- Manage the administration of placing subcontract orders.
- Assist in the settlement of tenders.
- Initiate pre-tender transactions where appropriate.
- Monitor price movements.
- Produce monthly reports on purchasing performance.
- Liaise with the accounts team to assist in ensuring accurate and timely payment and cost recording.
Our client is looking for a Buyer with:
- Experience of the procurement discipline within the house building industry.
- Demonstrable experience in the procurement of construction materials with a wide range of product knowledge.
- A high degree of energy and self-motivation, with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Education to degree or post graduate level in a relevant subject preferably CIPS.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good IT skills with Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Salary up to £40,000 per annum
- Company car/car allowance
- Healthcare scheme
- Contributory pension
- Plus additional benefits
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129307. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.