Abatec are currently recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our client a professional construction consultancy who have offices in Wells, Devon & Weston-Super-Mare. The successful candidate will be required to travel, as it will be a site-based role, however the company do offer flexible working hours to suit each individual. You will be responsible for providing development, construction and sustainability services for clients including; Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Developers. Ideally, this position would suit a graduate, looking to progress their career within construction consultancy services.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Prepare tenders, cost planning and compiling estimates.
- Ensure the client achieves their stated objectives through close teamwork and proactive cost control.
- Prepare financial reports.
- Monitor the communication of a project status.
- Provide cost on design solutions.
- Administer cost/variation procedures.
- Carry out full contract surveying duties including establishing the effect of variations, settlement of accounts and disputes.
Our client requires an Assistant Quantity Surveyor with:
- Degree qualification; working towards APC or with post RICS qualification experience (or equivalent).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Driving licence and own transport (mileage will be paid).
- Strong technical and IT skills.
- Commitment to working as part of a team to achieve the best possible outcome for the client.
- Salary £25,000 - £30,000 per annum DOE
- 45p per mile for business miles
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129122. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.