Abatec have a contract position for a Stores Manager for our client in Chippenham. Our client is looking for a Stores Manager with proven experience within a manufacturing and operations business or similar, that can develop and implement an effective stores strategy that meets the needs of their operational business and provides accountability and transparency for stores functions and supporting departments in the future.
As a Stores Manager you will be:
- Working in an autonomous manner to make key stores management decisions, ensuring stores/ warehouses are systematically laid, organised and configured across all operational departments in the most safe and efficient way to maximise productivity
- Organising, controlling and monitoring of all parts movements within operations for consolidation of existing stock locations and warehouses as required
- Undertaking the planning, creation and delivery of stores for new manufacturing areas whilst collaborating with production supervisors and the operational management team to ensure they are suitable for use
- Providing leadership to existing stock control staff to maintain accurate stock and primary stock locations whilst changes are implemented
- Managing end of life for parts disposal (both physically and electronically)
- Analysing data and project requirements to anticipate future needs of warehousing, identifying inefficiencies and enabling change
- Creating appropriate back package and documentation for future maintenance and management of the stores strategy
- Ensuring all stores created and work undertaken is done so in a safe manner, aligning to our client’s company policies of zero harm and one life, our world, we care.
Our client requires a Stores Manager with:
- Excellent communication skills and good time management
- Self-motivation with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- A positive and methodical approach to work with emphasis on initiative, flexibility, adaptability and tenacity
- Computer literacy and basic competency in the use of IT systems including Windows XP, SAP, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge and Understanding of key EHS&S regulations, alone working, working at height, etc.
- A full driving licence and a valid forklift licence would be beneficial but not essential
Salary and benefits include:
- Free parking
- Competitive rates of pay
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Harry Hornigold on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129647. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.