Abatec are working with a principal contractor who are looking for a Section Engineer to join their major projects team based in Swindon. The company are involved with several major highways, marine and rail project along the M4 corridor so a Swindon or Reading base would be ideal. The company looking for a Section Engineer who has experience of QA, health & safety and someone who has experience of managing a team of setting out engineers.
As well as working on some of the most high-profile projects and frameworks in the South West the company are passionate about the progression and development of their team and the offer financial support with further qualifications including ICE. If you are a Senior Engineer looking for your next career opportunity, please get in touch for more information.
As a Section Engineer you will:
- Provide effective supervision and guidance to less experienced engineering staff and mentor Site Engineers to develop into future Section Engineer role
- Undertake surveying and setting out of civil engineering works when required
- Ensure quality control requirements are met and recorded in accordance with specification
- Operate and promote a high standard of health, safety and environment
- Plan and schedule the work and efficiently organise the site in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines
- Liaise and attend regular meetings with the Site Agent/Project Manager to update on progress of works
- Read and understand construction and other drawings, specifications and other technical information
- Calculate quantities and understand construction measurement methods
- Undertake the requisition of plant and materials
- Produce/assist in the production of method statements, inspection and test plans and risk assessments and to ensure compliance of the same
Our client requires a Section Engineer with:
- Education to degree level or equivalent (BEng or MEng in Civil Engineering is desirable)
- Experience of working within the civil engineering industry for a main contractor (essential)
- Sound knowledge of construction methods, QA, health and safety, and legal regulations
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and consistently deliver safe and efficient projects on time
- Strong attention to detail
- Full UK driving licence
- Valid CSCS card
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary up to £42k
- Company car
- Private healthcare
- Excellent development opportunities
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Lisa McNulty on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129643. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.