Abatec are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join our client, a 5-star house builder and a recent NHBC award-winning developer based in Bristol. Our client provides the highest standard of design, construction and customer service in the business, resulting in a host of major industry awards in recent years. The appointed candidate will be office based and allocated sites that will each consist of over 100 units. The developments will be made up of market leading 2,3,4 and 5 bed homes.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Ensure accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development
- Prepare tenders and procure sub-contractors
- Undertake cost comparisons and manage a cost base for use in viabilities
- Maintain budget control throughout development
- Liaise with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity
- Be able to manage multiple projects across the Bristol area
Our client is looking for a Quantity Surveyor with:
- Experience within the residential sector, ideally working with a PLC company
- A degree or similar technical qualification in a relevant subject is preferred
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good IT skills with Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrable experience in the procurement of construction materials with a wide range of product knowledge
- A high degree of energy and self-motivation with the ability to meet deadlines
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary £45,000 - £50,000 per annum DOE
- Target driven bonus (10%)
- Company car or car allowance: £3,590
- Contributory pension scheme; employee 5% - employer 10%
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129554. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.