Abatec are currently recruiting for an experienced Estimator to join or client, a well-established, construction development and property maintenance company. This position will be based out of their Bristol office who are predominantly focused around new build and refurbishment projects within a variety of sectors including; education, healthcare, residential, leisure & defence, throughout the South West. The Bristol office are receiving a growing demand for their services and are currently responsible for a turnover of £50m per annum, towards the businesses’ overall turnover of £190m.
As an Estimator you will:
- Formulate accurate take off and schedule of works from drawings & specifications.
- Arrange and agree PQS appointments for BQ production or check / produce own quants.
- Build up on own rates analytically based upon “labour, plant and materials”.
- Be responsible for supply chain package strategy, management, checking and financial evaluation.
- Be responsible for pricing of preliminaries in conjunction with operational and planning staff.
- Provide/present all financial information for regional and group adjudications.
- Provide final cost summaries and submitted CSA to the Bid Lead in a timely manner prior to the regional and/or group approval and sign off.
Our client requires an Estimator with:
- Construction/Surveying - HND/Degree or similar.
- Experience with all forms of contract including traditional, partnering and design & build.
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills.
- An understanding of estimating software and current Microsoft office suite systems.
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary circa £65,000 - £70,000 per annum DOE
- Company car or car allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129541. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.