Abatec are working with a successful civil engineering contractor who operate primarily within the utilities sector. As a result of their success in project delivery they are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team in Bristol. Supporting the commercial team and with support and guidance of a senior team you will be involved with sub-contractor management, forecasting, cost management and final account work on multiple projects.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will:
Report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor in all aspects of commercial activities within the region, supporting the commercial team in the following areas:
- Contract administration and filing
- Budget control and expenditure analysis
- Contract cost accrual and allocation
- Business forecasting and analysis
- Monthly accounts process
- Sub-contract documentation management
- Coordination of timely submission invoices, applications for payment and month end submission
- Preparation of monthly reports for surveyors / Commercial Director.
- Ensure the effective running of the office, including recording and distributing incoming post, arranging meetings, answering the telephone and sharing reception duties
- Perform any additional administration tasks to support the commercial and operations team as reasonably required
Our client requires an Assistant Quantity Surveyor with:
- A degree in Engineering
- Knowledge of NEC projects (would be beneficial)
- At least 2 years of working within an Engineering/Construction environment
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary up to £35,000
- Car/car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Lisa McNulty on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129528. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.