Abatec is pleased to be working with a principal contractor to assist in the recruitment of 2 Construction Managers. The successful candidates will work on a project based in the Midlands region on a freelance basis. The contract is open ended and is likely to last up to 18 months.
As a Construction Manager you will:
- Assist the estimating department with method statements, programming and construction methods as and when requested
- Manage production of method statements and risk assessments for health & safety plan
- Manage planning and implementation of site set-up
- Manage efficient mobilisation of resources to site including applying for road opening notices, road closures etc
- Liaise with statutory utility companies regarding diversions, location of existing mains and/or installation of new mains
Abatec's client requires a Construction Manager with:
- Experience of roads, drainage, groundworks, earthworks and structures
- A degree or equivalent qualification as a minimum but working knowledge and experience equally relevant will be considered
- Extensive knowledge of NEC forms of contract
- A pro-active approach to problem solving
Salary and benefits include:
- A highly competitive day rate of £340-£400 (dependent on experience)
- The opportunity to work with an established and reputable civil engineering company
- A potentially long-term freelance position of 18 months plus
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Ben Knight on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129512. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.