Abatec are currently recruiting for an experienced Estimator to join our client, an award-winning, regional construction company who operate throughout Devon & Cornwall. The successful candidate will be based out of their Exeter office, working on refurbishment and alterations with some new building projects within the educational and commercial sectors with values up to £1m. This is a great time to join a regional business who are experiencing a sustained period of growth and have a secured pipeline of works for 2020/21.
As an Estimator you will:
- Formulate accurate take off and schedule of works from drawings & specifications.
- Arrange and agree PQS appointments for BQ production or check / produce own quants.
- Build up on own rates analytically based upon “labour, plant and materials”.
- Be responsible for supply chain package strategy, management, checking and financial evaluation.
- Be accountable for the pricing of preliminaries in conjunction with operational and planning staff.
- Provide/present all financial information for regional and group adjudications.
- Provide final cost summaries and submitted CSA to the Bid Lead in a timely manner prior to the regional and/or group approval and sign off.
Our client requires an Estimator with:
- Construction/surveying - HND/degree or similar.
- Experience with all forms of contract including traditional, partnering and design & build.
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills.
- An understanding of estimating software and current Microsoft office suite systems.
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary circa £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
- Company car allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129489. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.