Abatec are currently recruiting for a Design Manager to join our client, a Tier 1 Contractor who have been awarded a £37m residential scheme consisting of 230 units and a community hub building, in Swindon. The project is due to start in February, which will see a 6-month civil engineering, roads/infrastructure programme before the build commences in August. The ideal candidate will be available to start in Jan/Feb 2020 to be involved on the project from pre-construction though to completion in 2022. Future projects will be directed out of the Bristol office and will range in value from £5-30m, predominantly within the residential sector however, they do have other divisions of the business including the construction arm, offering opportunities to expand your knowledge within built environment working with sectors to include; healthcare, education, commercial and leisure.
As a Design Manager you will:
- Manage the design team, the design development process and liaise with other departments and project teams within the company in respect to design requirements.
- Ensure that design work undertaken is carried out in accordance with company procedures and that a high level of professionalism is maintained.
- Co-ordinate the whole design process and work closely with the client, employer’s representatives, design team and legislative bodies.
- Prepare formal progress reports on the design process.
- Maintain a professional approach with clients and their teams, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Represent the design department when necessary at internal and external meetings.
Our client is looking for a Design Manager with:
- An HNC/Degree or equivalent in construction related subject.
- A professional qualification (e.g. CIOB).
- Pre and post contract experience in design management with operational background – preferably at senior project management level.
- Public sector experience – preferably education/student accommodation.
- A proven track record of risk management and value engineering.
- A full understanding of relevant and current construction legislation, regulation, codes of practice and guidelines.
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary £65,000-£70,000 per annum DOE plus package
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata), with bank holidays on top
- Private medical healthcare
- 3 x annual salary life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129467. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.