Abatec are currently recruiting for a Design Manager, to join our client a major UK construction contractor, based out of their Devon office, to work on an £8m, commercial build project near Exeter. Future projects within the building division, will be across the health, education, defence and commercial markets, with a well-balanced spread of both public and private sector clients. Therefore, a well-rounded general construction background is imperative.
As a Design Manager you will:
- Identify design requirements for the bid from the client’s brief.
- Deliver the correct design by realising the design opportunities and mitigating the risks to ensure bid winning solutions or projects can be delivered.
- Select and assess design team or if novated undertake appropriate checks.
- Appoint the design team, agree schedules of responsibilities and fee agreements for services/design deliverables and resourcing requirements.
- Manage the design team, the design development and design review process.
- Manage and monitor performance of consultants to liaise with statutory bodies or statutory authorities for compliance sign off.
- Undertake regular site inspections to make sure the built product meets design intent and take appropriate action if not.
- Manage and monitor design delivery against agreed deliverable dates, and report to project team.
- Report to Area/Senior DM on progress and performance issues.
- Be responsible for developing the design programme with consultants and planner for bids or projects.
Our client requires a Design Manager with:
- A relevant construction qualification.
- A relevant chartered membership of a professional institute or working towards gaining membership.
- A valid CSCS card.
- Working knowledge of industry standards & technical innovations.
- The ability to influence the design, without designing.
- A good understanding of BIM and software to manage the process.
- A flexible and positive approach towards change.
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary circa £50,000 per annum
- Company car/car allowance
- Stakeholder/contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129323. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.