Abatec are currently recruiting for an Assistant Buyer, to join our client, a 5-star house builder and a recent NHBC award-winning developer based in Bristol. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, you will assist and support with all buying tasks including the preparation of all procurement duties and exercises. You will also be responsible for raising orders as needed and be able to negotiate, to achieve best value for the business.
As an Assistant Buyer you will:
- Assist with processing orders from site requisitions
- Fill in and dispatch copy orders to relevant sites
- Fill in site requisitions after processing
- Assist with general enquires from site regarding materials
- Deal with telephone calls to/from suppliers
- Issue drawings to various suppliers for quotations
- Assist with requesting quotations from suppliers for sites in order to obtain best price
- Fill in general mail in buying department
- Assist with invoice and order queries
- Carry out the occasional site visit
- Assist with weekly reports, which include plant on hire and replacement orders
- Assist with compiling monthly reports, which include replacement orders, waste reports, bulk order costs and materials on site
- Raise office and sales and marketing orders
- Rebate administrative ticking processes where appropriate
- Deal with customer care orders/trackers
Our client requires an Assistant Buyer with:
- Experience of the procurement discipline within the house building industry
- Demonstrable experience in the procurement of construction materials with a wide range of product knowledge
- A high degree of energy and self-motivation with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary £25,000 - £28,000 per annum DOE
- Target driven bonus (5%)
- Contributory pension scheme; employee 5% - employer 10%
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129378. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.