Abatec is pleased to be working with a regional main contractor to assist in the recruitment of a freelance Site Agent. The successful candidate will be assisting in the delivery of a £20M road enhancement project in the Swindon area. This is a unique opportunity for an Agent, experienced in the highways sector of the civil engineering industry, to put their stamp onto this local, flagship project which is due to last 18 months.
As a Site Agent you will:
- Be responsible for making sure the subcontractors on site are meeting the required health and safety standards and working to the correct specifications
- Create phase reports/plans
- Be responsible for short term planning
- Monitor the commercial management of the project
- Attend meetings with site management and client representatives on a regular basis
Our client requires a Site Agent with:
- Strong communication capable of effectively handling and resolving disputes on site
- The ability to demonstrate a successful history in delivering civil engineering schemes in a principal and/or main contracting environment
- Experience in the supervision of major highways projects consisting of structures, earthworks and surfacing elements
- A relevant degree or suitable experience to compensate
Salary and benefits include:
- An extremely competitive day rate (£280-£350 per day dependent on experience)
- An 18-month project
- The opportunity to work on a landmark project in the local area
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Ben Knight on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129206. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.