Abatec are currently recruiting for an experienced Design Manager to join our client, a privately-owned construction company to cover projects within the Devon & Cornwall region, based out of the Plymouth office. The role will involve providing design management support on both tenders and live projects to manage all aspects of the design process. This will include; review and interrogation of enquiry stage design; management of the design team during the tender and construction process to ensure compliance with the client’s requirements; promotion of safe and buildable construction methodology, risk and opportunity management associated with the design process; responsibility to ensure co-ordination and completion of the Health & Safety file.
As a Design Manager you will:
- Manage the design team, the design development process and liaise with other departments and project teams within the company in respect to design requirements.
- Ensure that design work undertaken is carried out in accordance with company procedures and that a high level of professionalism is maintained.
- Co-ordinate the whole design process and work closely with the client, employer’s representatives, design team and legislative bodies.
- Prepare formal progress reports on the design process.
- Maintain a professional approach with clients and their teams, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Represent the design department when necessary at internal and external meetings.
Our client is looking for a Design Manager with:
- HNC/Degree or equivalent in construction related subject.
- Professional qualification (e.g. CIOB).
- Pre and post contract experience in design management with operational background – preferably at senior project management level.
- A proven track record of risk management and value engineering.
- A full understanding of relevant and current construction legislation, regulation, codes of practice and guidelines.
Salary and benefits include:
- Salary up to £65,000 per annum.
- Company car or car allowance
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata), with bank holidays on top
- Private medical healthcare
- 3 x annual salary life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129047. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.