Abatec are looking for an experienced Freelance Quantity Surveyor to work with our client, one of the UK’s most respected privately owned construction groups. You will join the property management division working on a variety of planned and reactive maintenance projects based out of our client’s Plymouth office.
- Pick up additional planned works such as kitchens & bathroom refits, roofing, internal decoration and external wall insulation
- Ensure accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development
- Assist with the preparation of tenders and procure sub-contractors
- Maintain budget control throughout development
- Liaise with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity
- Evaluate and agree variations and instructions
- Manage cost overruns within tolerance levels
- Share best practices with junior members of staff
Our Client is looking for someone with:
- Previous experience within the construction, residential or social housing industry
- A degree or similar technical qualification in a relevant subject is preferred
- Good management skills and a track record of delivering good results
- £250 - £300 per day (Ltd/Umbrella – DOE)
- Ongoing freelance contract
- Onsite parking available
- Office based role
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 127416. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.