Abatec is pleased to be working with a prolific marine engineering company to recruit a Hydrographic Surveyor on a freelance basis. The project is programmed to last 3 years and will be based offshore in the Bristol Channel.
This is a unique and challenging project which requires the successful candidate to have experience working in the marine/offshore sector and be happy working on a standard rotation basis (2 weeks on 1 week off etc)
As Hydrographic Surveyor you will:
- Carry out geotechnical, geophysical and hydrographic surveying in the Bristol Channel
- Produce accurate charts of the environment; locating rocks, sandbanks and possible obstructions
- Plan routes over areas that may never have been surveyed before and advise on the direction and speed at which vessels should travel
- Carry out calculations, measure distances, depths and bearings
- Write reports about the operation offshore for the management onshore
- Utilise advanced technology such as satellite, laser scanners, sonar and geographical information systems (GIS)
Abatec's client require someone with:
- A degree in hydrographic surveying, land surveying, geology, geography or geophysics OR another relevant qualification
- Experience working in an offshore/marine environment and have a good understanding of working in tidal conditions
- Relevant, in date safety certificates such as BOSIET
- Willingness to work standard marine working rotations (12-hour days, 7-day weeks, 2 weeks on 1 week off/4 weeks on 2 weeks off etc)
- The ability to utilise advanced technology such as satellite, laser scanners, sonar and geographical information systems (GIS)
- A stable contract lasting up to 3 years
- Competitive rate of pay (£400-£500 per shift dependant on experience)
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Ben Knight on 01934 635 025. The reference for this vacancy is 129228. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.