Abatec are working with a national tier one contractor who is actively seeking a site based (P6) Planner to work on a utilities framework in the Devon area on a permanent basis.
This unique opportunity offers up a chance to work for a company who has a clear vision for success. The company have ongoing work in the region based around a number of successful frameworks covering several multi-million-pound projects per annum.
We are looking for candidates with experience of the civil engineering sector, who hold practical knowledge of Primavera (P6) planning software and ideally with and engineering background.
Responsibilities for the planner include:
- The programme preparation and management for the construction project.
- Understanding of all forms of construction and applicable forms of contract. (NEC)
- Liaise with the project management teams on all planning matters
- Production of tender information and programmes
- Analyse and evaluate construction methods, techniques and logistics
- Attend adjudication meetings and present detailed explanation of programme and methodology
- Prepare presentations and attend customer interviews
- Preparation of the Master / Contract / Managing Programme and supporting information
- Analyse / prepare project progress positions and forecast project completions
- Identify project risks / opportunities and participate in the management process
- Assist in the preparation of entitlement submissions
- Ensure that all aspects of safety are taken into consideration when planning a project
- Maintain close relationships and liaise with other members of the Planning job family, contribute to the transfer of best practice
Our client is looking for a planner with:
- The ability to use and produce programmes with Primavera (P6)
- A good level of experience with civil engineering - utilities would be advantageous
- Experience of taking a lead role and acting as the sole site-based planner
- Practical experience of managing major projects in excess of £10m
Salary & benefits
- Up to £70,000
- 25 days holiday + bank holiday
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Lisa McNulty on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129099. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.