Abatec are currently recruiting for a Senior Planner, to join our client, a leading, Tier 1, Building Contractor based out of their Guildford office. The successful candidate will provide a complete construction planning service at pre-qualification, pre-construction and construction stages, in line with the companies planning processes and procedures. You will be required to work on multiple tender, pre-construction and live projects throughout the South East and therefore, there will be some travel required to visit sites and other regional offices. It is important that the selected candidate has a strong construction knowledge, experience mentoring junior members of the team and working knowledge of JCT and NEC contracts.
As a Senior Planner you will:
- Provide full life-cycle planning support to multiple projects; tenders, pre-construction and live projects.
- Review documents, specifications and scopes, identifying contract requires and major constraints.
- Provide detailed tender programmes, method statements and logistics proposals for inclusion in tender submissions.
- Provide outline plans and methodologies at tender stage.
- Visit sites to ascertain conditions and constraints to be considered when preparing tender programmes and method statements.
- Promote the company at tender and contract interviews, presentations and meetings.
- Produce detailed fully integrated design, procurement and construction stage Contract Programmes, that are fully resourced, and cost loaded.
- Identify alternative methodologies/sequences that improve project completion date(s).
- Liaise with internal and external key stakeholders and third parties to establish optimum, compliant programmes
- Ascertain and report progress on pre-construction and live projects, foreseeing potential delays and advising of mitigation measures.
- Develop Construction, Completion and Mitigation Programmes at relevant stages of the projects, whilst maintaining Contract integrity as required.
- Carry out a continuous programme of research into new and innovative building techniques and advise the Head of Planning, Technical Director and tender/contract teams of any application showing the possibility of positive benefits.
- Support the Business in claims and/or disputes.
- Support and develop Junior team members where required.
Our client requires a Senior Planner with:
- Sound Planning experience gained with a main contractor
- Working knowledge of the JCT & NEC Contract
- Education, Healthcare experience desirable
- 2-stage tendering experience preferable
- Claims experience preferable
- Proficient in Asta Power Project, Microsoft Project, and MS Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Competitive salary and package
- Stakeholder/contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129161. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.