Abatec are currently looking for a CNC Turner for a leading manufacturing company based in Brislington, they are looking for a permanent CNC miller to programme, set and operate various 3 & 4 axis machines.
As a CNC Programmer you will;
- Prepare, programme, set and operate CNC machines to perform turning and drilling operations
- Understand specifications of the tasks at hand and the desired result by reading engineering drawings
- Translate instructions into computer programmes so the machines can perform the correct functions
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
- Prepare test runs for first off inspection to ensure the machines output is as per the specification
- Setting the machines to complete full production cycles
- Supervising machinery whilst they execute tasks and make any neccesary adjustments as required
- Inspecting and measuring finished products against the requirements
- Checking and maintaining machinery on a daily basis
- Comply with all relevant standards including ISO 9001
Abatecs client are ideally seeking candidates with;
- An engineering apprenticeship desirable but not essential
- Previous experience of working with Hitachi machinery & Fanuc controls
- Proven experience of working as a CNC Programmer
- Understanding of operating workshop machinery, tooling and precision measuring equipment
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and engineering drawings
- Computer literacy and a good understanding of computer programming
- Mechanical aptitude and good mathematical skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Good communication skills
Benefits of the CNC Programmer role;
- Very competitive salary
- Job security and stability
- Free parking
- 25 days plus bank holidays
- Permanent position
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Harry Hornigold on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129151. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.