Abatec are currently recruiting for a Contracts Manager to join our client, an award-winning, regional contractor within the South West who have a secured pipeline of works for 2019/20, with additional tenders in progress. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing multiple projects within Plymouth and the surrounding areas, ranging in value up to around £10m, within a variety of sectors including; Education, Health, Commercial & Industrial and Residential. Therefore we are looking for an individual with experience running D&B/New Build projects up to £10m from pre-construction through to completion. The successful candidate will be reporting directly into the Construction Director and will also be responsible for overseeing the Site Managers and wider site team.
As Contracts Manager you will:
- Ensure procurement and reconciliation of materials is carried out in accordance with company procedures.
- Implement the risk management process, review risk register and check risk controls.
- Allocate HS&E responsibilities and duties for site personnel, check understanding and provide training as necessary.
- Liaise with third parties to ensure compliance with Planning Conditions, Building Regulations NRSWA and other required regulatory standards.
- Ensure final accounts are completed with the QS within three months of construction completion.
- Deliver projects without safety incidents, within time and to budget.
- Build and maintain relationships with both the client and external customers.
- Ensure that the QA / H&S File is produced and maintained.
Our client requires a Contracts Manager with:
- Extensive experience of managing projects new build projects ranging in value up to £10m
- Experience working on projects within Education, Retail, Health & Leisure.
- Knowledge of all JCT contracts.
- Educated as a minimum to HNC/HND/Degree level (or equivalent).
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to influence and mentor.
- CSCS, SMSTS & First Aid.
- Salary circa £60,000 per annum
- Company car or car allowance
- Fuel Card
- Pension Scheme
- Additional benefits
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129058. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.