Abatec are currently recruiting on behalf of a successful residential groundworks company who are for an experienced Buyer in Somerset.
You will be controlling the purchasing of materials for no more than four projects at a time proven to mitigate risk and ensure quality throughout the project.
As an experienced Buyer you will:
- Partake in the procurement of building and preliminary materials including order production via the site manager.
- Visit construction sites on a regular basis to discuss and monitor the requirements of the project team.
- Visit suppliers / manufacturers to develop product knowledge and relationships with key personnel.
- Assist with project commercial team in preparing buying schedule.
- Oversee all material procurement matters.
- Monitor business levels with preferred suppliers.
- Manage the administration of placing subcontract orders.
- Assist in the settlement of tenders.
- Initiate pre-tender transactions where appropriate.
- Monitor price movements.
- Produce monthly reports on purchasing performance.
- Liaise with the accounts team to assist in ensuring accurate and timely payment and cost recording.
Our client is looking for someone with:
- Experience of the procurement discipline within the house building industry.
- Demonstrable experience in the procurement of construction materials with a wide range of product knowledge.
- A high degree of energy and self-motivation with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Education to degree or post graduate level in a relevant subject preferably CIPS.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good IT skills with Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- up to £45,000
- Company car/car allowance
- Healthcare scheme
- Contributory pension
- Plus additional benefits
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Lisa McNulty on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129117. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.