Abatec are currently recruiting for a planner to join our client, a national Tier 1 Contractor, to join their well established and highly successful Cardiff office. You will be responsible for tender bid submissions on projects ranging in value from £5-50m within the leisure, commercial, student accommodation and education sectors. Therefore, you will be required to have experience in tender planning and possess excellent bid writing skills. You will also be expected to work independently although you will receive support from the wider team and play a pivotal role in ensuring the success of winning bids for the region.
As Pre-Construction Planner you will:
- Understand the constraints, logistics, any site-specific requirements and clear all doubts that may rise from reading the tender documents/drawings.
- Explore requirements of Client and incorporate the same to provide a competitive edge.
- Be responsible for preparation of programme and method information for inclusion in submission document as per the tender deliverable’s requirement.
- Attend tender handover meetings, review the methodology and programme strategy and describe potential target that can be achieved, any ideas for improvement on time and cost.
- Develop the tender programme into a fully integrated design, procurement and project programme in co-ordination with the site management team.
- Communicate programme performance, time and outcomes in a timely way with stakeholders and the Project Managers and generate and realise teams.
Our client requires a Pre-Construction Planner with:
- Relevant qualifications (i.e. minimum of HNC/HND in relevant discipline).
- Extensive knowledge of ASTA Powerproject and Sketch Up.
- Comprehensive programme delivery experience and experience in risk identification and assessment.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of managing and maintaining a works programme
- Salary £65,000 - £75,000 per annum DOE
- Company car or car allowance
- Private medical healthcare
- Matched pension contribution scheme
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 128861. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.