Our client is a national tier one contractor who is actively seeking a freelance Quantity Surveyor to work on a long-term framework in the South West of England. This opportunity offers up a chance to work for an reputable company in a fast paced, challenging role. Abatec is recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor with prior experience in the highways/highways maintenance sector.
As Experienced Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Prepare weekly and monthly internal project reports including cash v cost, cost value reconciliations, budgets, forecasts and payments
- Manage the supply chain from enquiry to final account including performance reviews
- Identify, value and present any change items, e.g. variations, CEs, claims and EWNs
- Liaise with the client and ensure client commercial satisfaction
Abatec’s client is looking for someone who:
- Has a proven track record within the civil engineering/highways maintenance sector
- Has a demonstrable track record in the successful delivery of multiple maintenance projects
- Has the ability to work and communicate with a team of professionals
- Holds a valid CSCS card and can operate standard MS computer software such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Competitive rate of £350 per day- £390 per day (dependant on experience)
- The opportunity to work for one of the country's leading civil engineering contractors
- A long-term opportunity with a potential duration spanning 12 months+
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Ben Knight on 01934 635 025. The reference for this vacancy is 128918. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.