Abatec are currently recruiting for a Bid/Business Development Coordinator, to join our client, a national building and infrastructure contractor, based out of one of their regional offices, in Plymouth. The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated individuals to support the Business Development Manager and Pre-Construction team. The main responsibilities will include pulling together submission documents and getting involved with the bid process. Therefore the ideal candidate will have experience using InDesign and exposure to Bid Writing in a similar industry/company.
As Business Development Coordinator/Bid Writer you will:
- Maintain and regularly update customer database of key contacts and projects.
- Maintain and regularly update tracker documents (this to include customer information, project information and relevant activities).
- Proactively build a strong network of contacts in the marketplace.
- Undertake research in line with company’s targets and requirements to identify potential contacts and projects.
- Develop a strategic approach to all client meetings, including preparation research, review of possible opportunities, co-ordinating of marketing material by working closely with the Proposals Team (this could include input in power point presentations and capability documents).
- Support Business Development Manager and the Business Development function Monitor planning applications to identify possible opportunities.
- Co-ordinate internal and external events; including networking events, when required.
- Gathering general market intelligence which could lead to opportunities across the target geographical region.
- Work closely with colleagues from different disciplines within the business unit to ensure general knowledge regarding business activities.
Schedule client meetings with a view to developing a pipeline of projects and introducing new clients to the business.
Our client requires a Business Development Coordinator/Bid Writer with:
- Excellent verbal & written communication.
- Experience using InDesign.
- Strong procedural acumen.
- Degree level or equivalent in industry specific qualification.
- Salary circa £25,000 - £30,000 DOE
- Contributory Pension
- 25 days basic holiday
- Private Healthcare
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 129155. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.