Abatec are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join our client, a respected construction company who operate nationwide within the Commercial, Educational, Industrial & Residential sectors. The successful candidate will have previous construction experience and a real passion for delivering multi-discipline projects and will be involved in the £50m+ Build to Rent development in Reading. This opportunity would suit a professionally credible and commercially astute individual, who has a desire to deliver high quality residential builds. In return you will be well rewarded, in a role which offers exceptional career progression and development.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Prepare monthly cost reports and management reports, forecasting accurately from commencement to completion of the project on financial and progress issues.
- Be responsible for subcontract procurement and account management through to project completion.
- Provide commercial and contractual support to clients.
- Ensure accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development.
- Assist with the preparation of tenders and procure sub-contractors.
- Ensure contractual entitlement and adherence to contractual timescales.
- Liaise with site personnel and subcontractors to maximise productivity.
- Evaluate and agree variations and instructions.
- Manage cost overruns within tolerance levels.
Our client requires a Quantity Surveyor with:
- A proven track record working for a Main Contractor ideally within the Residential sector.
- Experience working off their own initiative and be able to offer a high level of output with little supervision.
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes.
- HNC/HND/ Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent desirable.
- £50,000 - £55,000 per annum plus package
- Car allowance/company car
- Pension scheme
- Opportunities for career progression
- Other additional benefits
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 128759. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.