Abatec are currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our client, a leading international main contractor, based on site in Southsea, Hampshire. You will be responsible for managing a small team of junior commercial staff and have extensive experience in procurement of sub-contract packages. You will initially be working on a MOD project and will therefore need to be able to obtain security clearance.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Manage all costs relating to building and/or civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures.
- Seek to minimize the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Manage a small team of less experienced commercial staff as well as mentoring others on their journey to becoming professionally qualified.
- Deliver final prices for each of the packages of work drawn down from the overall project scope.
- Report directly to the Commercial Lead or MQS.
Our client requires a Senior Quantity Surveyor, Southsea with:
- Quantity Surveying experience with a track record in managing all costs relating to building and/or civil engineering projects.
- A Chartered Membership of the RICS, ICES or CIOB.
- Experience in managing a small team of less experienced commercial staff as well as mentoring others.
- Previous coastal experience.
- Salary up to £65,000 per annum depending on experience.
- Company car or car allowance.
- 25 days holiday.
- Pension scheme.
- Private Healthcare for you + partner.
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 128471. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.