Abatec is pleased to be working with one of the South West and Wales' busiest, specialist civil engineering main contractors to recruit an Assistant Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis. Abatec's client are most prevalent in the water sector and deal with various project types including water pipelines and sewer construction as well as major civil engineering and utility infrastructure works including potable and waste water treatment works.
There is the opportunity to work on projects between South Gloucestershire to Exeter and east into Wiltshire
The successful candidate can expect a competitive salary as well as a stable career with an established company; focused on delivering work in the South West region for a handful of reoccurring clients. Abatec's client are also able to offer support in gaining further qualifications within the commercial field
If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply now
As Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Assist in the review/assessment and recommendation of all key sub contract packages
- Assist in the placing and administration of sub contract orders through delivery phase
- Assist in the establishment of bulk procurement tracking sheets
- Assist in the monitoring and capturing of all site-based costs internal and external including reconciliation against work activities
- Assist in the forecasts to completion to all work elements
- Assist in the identification, raising and evaluation and client agreement of EW/CE’s
Abatec's client is looking for someone with:
- A degree or similar qualification in a subject relevant to Quantity Surveying
- Some experience working in the construction, civil engineering or utilities sectors as a Commercial Assistant or Trainee/Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Good communication skills
- The desire to learn and progress in the Quantity Surveying sector of the civil engineering industry
- A highly competitive salary of £28,000 - £35,000 per annum plus package (depending on level of experience)
- The opportunity to work for a forward-thinking company who are established in the civil engineering/utilities sector
- The chance to engage in a stable career and benefit from support in personal and academic progression
f you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Ben Knight on 01934 635 025. The reference for this vacancy is 128447. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.