Abatec are proud to be assisting one of the UK's largest civil engineering main contractors to recruit a BIM Manager on a £400M+ major highways project in the Reading area. This position is freelance, and the programme suggests a 4-year duration. The client will also consider a permanent member of staff for this position.
As Digital / BIM Manager you will:
- Develop the model in to an as built model with data attached to it for the future operations and maintenance
- Engage with all stakeholders to develop the projects digital strategy and execution
- Work with the project team to deliver the project digital strategy and implement processes/culture/technology which can be used during the construction and detailed design phases
- Lead BIM Goals workshops to define the KPIs for BIM Deliverables
- Research, develop, implement and review new ways of working which benefit the project by increasing efficiency, reducing cost, improving quality, sustainability and aiming for zero harm
- Work with the project team to implement processes/culture and technology so that asset information and data can be linked to produce a 6D model for handover and commissioning
- Partake in various other relevant duties
Abatec's client is looking for someone with:
- Understanding of digital level 2 standards and protocols, contracts and documentations
- Understanding of COBie requirement as per PAS1192-4
- Experience in design review process, model management, lead BIM clash detection, meeting and managing results to resolution
- Working knowledge of project CDE environment
- Ability to create and manage the project BEP and other associated documents
- Extremely competitive day rate of between £400-£520 per day (depending on experience)- If permanent candidate is chosen the salary is likely to be £60,000 + package
- Opportunity to be involved with a landmark project in the local area with one of the country’s largest civil engineering main contractors
- A stable, long term contract with the option of a permanent placement if preferred
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Ben Knight on 01934 635 025. The reference for this vacancy is 128446. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.