Abatec are recruiting for our client, a regional family owned contractor. On the back of their success and expansion plans moving forward they are now looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor permanent basis. As a Quantity Surveyor you will be running your own projects from pre-contract to final account and be given a lot of responsibility moving forward working closely with the Director. The right candidate will join the commercial team in their Somerset office and work on a variety of projects ranging from £50k - £3m.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Carry out accurate build cost assessments of acquired land.
- Ensure accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development.
- Prepare tenders and procure sub-contractors.
- Undertake cost comparisons and managing a cost base for use in viabilities.
- Maintain budget control throughout development.
- Liaise with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity.
- Evaluate and agree variations and instructions.
- Manage cost overruns within tolerance levels.
- Share best practices with junior members of staff.
Our client is looking for a Quantity Surveyor with:
- A degree or similar technical qualification in a relevant subject
- Experience within the construction industry, preferably working for a main contractor.
- Good management skills and a track record of delivering good results.
- £40,000 - £45,000 DOA
- Company car/Car allowance
- Plus additional benefits
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Alex Young on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 127331. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.