Abatec are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our client a regional main contractor, on a permanent basis. The right candidate will join the commercial team in their Devon office and work on a variety of exciting commercial and residential projects ranging from £50k - £5m.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Carry out accurate build cost assessments of acquired land.
- Ensure accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development.
- Prepare tenders and procure sub-contractors.
- Undertake cost comparisons and managing a cost base for use in viabilities.
- Maintain budget control throughout development.
- Liaise with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity.
- Evaluate and agree variations and instructions.
- Manage cost overruns within tolerance levels.
- Share best practices with junior members of staff.
Our client is looking for someone with:
- A degree or similar technical qualification in a relevant subject
- Experience within the construction industry, preferably working for a main contractor.
- Good management skills and a track record of delivering good results.
- Company car/Car allowance
- Plus additional benefits
- £45,000-48,000 Per Annum
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Alex Young on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 127065. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.