Abatec are working on behalf of an extremely reputable, dynamic civil engineering company. Our client is looking to recruit an Electrical Engineer on a permanent basis to work on one of the world’s largest civil engineering projects at Hinkley Point. The successful candidate will be involved with a varied work load and will receive a great deal of support and mentoring to help develop their skills in the civil engineering sector. Our client provides a professional working environment and can boast an extremely low turnover of staff.
As an Electrical Engineer you will:
- Delivery of the Construction and Maintenance programmes for the NNB owned assets operating at voltages through the range 400V to 11kV.
- Work with the Lead Operational Engineer to ensure that all programmes of work are delivered to time and budget in line with contractual commitments to time, cost and quality.
- Develop Technicians and Apprentices to ensure the delivery of all engineering activities.
- Assist in the management of budgets relating to the construction and maintenance delivery and meet on going company objectives
- Operation of HV and LV Distribution Protection Systems.
- Testing and Commissioning of HV and LV Distribution System.
- Maintenance of the Control and Protection Systems.
Our Client is looking for an Electrical Engineer with:
- Minimum 11kV Senior Authorised Person as defined by the Distribution Safety Rules
- Experience in distribution systems through the range 400kV to 11kV
- Security clearance for Client infrastructure Access.
- Medical & Drugs and Alcohol screening
- Educated to HNC level qualification in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of distribution HV Systems
- Knowledge of Building Services Systems
- Working knowledge of specialist HV equipment
- Ability to read drawings and understand content
- Ability to work in different environments
- Excellent analytical, organisation & planning skills
- Ability to identify problems, understand key issues and investigate alternatives
- Hold full driving licence
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, MS Project and other bespoke software packages.
£58,000 - £62,0000 DOE
- Company car/Car allowance
- Healthcare scheme
- Other company benefits
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Alex Young on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 127338. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.