Abatec are currently recruiting for a Buyer to join our client, a regional contractor based in Dorset. The successful candidate will be joining the contracting division and working on a variety of New Build, Refurbishment and Small Works Projects all located within a geographic radius of around 1.5 hours from the Head Office. This is a great opportunity for either; an experienced Buyer on the lookout for a new opportunity with a reputable company; or an Assistant Buyer looking to take their next step in their career.
As a Buyer you will:
- Partake in the procurement of building materials, preliminary materials including order production via site manager.
- Visit construction sites on a regular basis to discuss and monitor the requirements of the project team.
- Visit suppliers / manufacturers to develop product knowledge and relationships with key personnel.
- Assist with project commercial team in preparing buying schedule.
- Oversee all material procurement matters.
- Monitor business levels with preferred suppliers.
- Manage the administration of placing subcontract orders.
- Assist in the settlement of tender.
- Initiate pre-tender transactions where appropriate.
- Monitor price movements.
- Produce monthly reports on purchasing performance.
- Liaise with the accounts team to assist in ensuring accurate and timely payment and cost recording.
Our client is looking for a Buyer with:
- Experience of the procurement discipline within general construction i.e. Commercial, Education, Healthcare etc.
- Demonstratable experience in the procurement of construction materials with a wide range of product knowledge.
- A high degree of energy and self-motivation with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Education to degree or post graduate level in a relevant subject preferably CIPS.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good IT skills with Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Up to £45,000 per annum
- Company car/car allowance
- Healthcare scheme
- Contributory pension
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 128016. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.