Abatec is working with one of the South West's busiest water, utilities and civil engineering contractors to recruit a freelance Sewer Infrastructure Design Engineer. They will also consider a Lead Design Engineer for the position. The successful candidate will be joining the team based out of Somerset and will be responsible for delivering multiple wastewater infrastructure design projects across the South West Region. This position boasts a lengthy and stable contract of 2 years plus and gives the successful candidate the opportunity to be part of a well-established team within a highly reputable company.
If you are interested in the position, then please apply now.
As Design Engineer you will:
- Be responsible for analysis and interpretation of asset data and survey results to identify root cause of wastewater network deficiencies
- Be responsible for the development of solutions to solve sewerage networks hydraulic incapacity issues
- Work closely with Hydraulic Modellers to develop and refine solutions using InfoWorks CS / ICM
- Have the ability to undertake the design of gravity, pressurised pipeline and sewerage pumping station assets
- Be experienced in the design of foul gravity, pressurised pipeline and sewerage pumping station assets to UK standards
Abatec's Client is looking for someone with:
- Strong IT and communication skills
- Experience of Info Works CS / ICM and GIS systems
- A sound understanding of the designers’ responsibilities under CDM 2015
- A sound understanding and experience of Sewers for Adoption 7, Sewer Rehabilitation, DG5 Flood alleviation project design and implementation, UID/CSO Design, First Time Sewerage projects (S101a)
- Sewerage networks design experience within the UK Water Sector delivering projects through Options, Outline & Detailed Design work stages
- A highly competitive rate of pay (£300-£370 per day (dependant on experience)
- The opportunity to work with one of the UKs most reputable, multi-faceted companies
- A two year + freelance contract
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Ben Knight on 01934 635 025. The reference for this vacancy is 127959. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.