Abatec are looking for an Assistant Surveyor to join the our client’s Regeneration team on their award winning Development in Southampton. You will be joining an award-winning team with further phases to complete over the next 5 years, consisting of a mid-high rise apartment tower block and houses to begin in summer 2018.
As the Assistant Quantity Surveyor with our client, you will be working to ensure timely & accurate cost management, dealing with contractual issues & procurement & payment of sub-contractors for complex large volume development projects from pre-operational stage through to final account settlement.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor your duties include:
- The identification & procurement of suitable sub-contractors.
- The negotiation & letting of subcontracts within required timescales.
- Providing the cost-data feedback to Divisional Estimating Department.
- Administration & management of the financial aspects of the development.
- Reviewing and forecasting the latest cost estimates and reporting
- The relationships with external employers such as Housing Associations undertaking valuations, cash flow forecasts, obtaining warranties, etc.
- Assist at all times in maintaining a safe working environment within Company workplaces and applying the Company’s Health & Safety Policy for their own, their colleagues, third parties and the public’s benefit. Individuals must act to minimise danger and report all potential dangers and accidents to their immediate superior or designated Health & Safety Officer.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will need:
- Minimum 1 years' experience within a Quantity Surveying role, through a main contractor or housebuilder.
- Able to support senior management with budgeting and forecasting multi-million pound packages
- Excellent negotiation skills, confident dealing with suppliers and managing relationships
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and produces accurate work.
- Knowledge of the Residential Development market
- Strong negotiation skills
- Commercially aware with analytical & proactive approach towards problem solving.
- Solid IT skills; Microsoft Excel and Word
- CSCS card desirable
£28,000 – £38,000
- Private healthcare
- Private pension up to 7.5%
- Company share options
- 25 days' annual leave
- Childcare, cycle to work and other lifestyle choice schemes
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Alex Young on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 127957. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.