Abatec are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor for a highly acclaimed, self delivering regional main contractor with an order book providing visibility of work for the next 3 years. The successful post-holder will be responsible for assisting with the control of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety on a range of contracts.
Based from their offices in Bath but covering their major contracts in the South West, this role will have responsibility for full post contract commercial duties.
Key responsibilities for the Quantity Surveyor include:
- Preparing and ensuring Client accounts are submitted in a timely manner and in accordance with the Contract
- Identifying, notifying, pricing and maximising any opportunities from changes within projects
- Ensuring weekly cost information was correct
- Preparing and negotiating final accounts
- Preparing and presenting monthly CVR to senior management
- Engaging subcontractors and administering their subcontract.• Scheduling and engagement in procurement of significant materials.
Key skills and qualifications for the Quantity Surveyor:
- Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or HNC in Quantity Surveying desirable)
- Experience within a similar role – preferably with Earthworks or Highways
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
- Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
- Experience of using COINS would be advantageous, however the majority of the work is carried out using Excel.
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Danny Wheeler on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 127848. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.