Abatec are working with a well established Civil Engineering company to recruit an Operations Manager on a permanent basis. This will form a key role as the client embarks upon a long term framework at Hinkley Point, specifically aimed at creating some and maintaining all of the built environment that supports the delivery of Europe’s largest construction site.
Based predominantly on site at Hinkley but with constant communication and regular visits to the company’s head office in Somerset, this role will ensure that the company is compliant with the contract, the legislature, company standards and site requirements, taking ownership for the contract work programme and delivery, ensuring effective operations with the best of resources and a high standard of working environment.
Key responsibilities for the Operations Manager :
- Manage, support and coach the Operational team. Implementing and refining operational processes and working closely with the Contract Managers and Site Agents to shape the look and feel of high profile essential services
- Ensure that the highest standards of Health, Safety and Wellbeing are sustained throughout the operations
- Be environment aware and curious and progressive in shaping sustainable solutions in the work place
- Be uncompromising in quality control. Drive right first time throughout the delivery by planning decisively, communicating concisely and monitoring effectively
- Take ownership and control of long term maintenance programmes and that of individual construction schemes. Working closely with the client to understand priority factors and site wide effects and influences of our delivery whilst understanding the pipeline of works through liaison with the Asset Solutions Team.
- Bring effective and innovative solutions thinking to all aspects of delivery. Identify and risk assess alternative working methods to deliver results proactively and responsively. “Can do” attitude and a willingness to think widely, find options and be willing to adapt are a prerequisite of the position
- To be commercially aware and inform the client budgetary requirement, the creation of Task Order estimates and communicate the impact and effects of Early Warning events to the commercial team
- Monitor performance indicators and understand trends and themes to evolve the service and champion operational excellence in all that we do
- Manage multiple Site Agents and adopt a positively challenging approach to drive performance and hold to account all those working in the SIA
Key skills required for the Operations Manager :
- Strong leadership skills with both your immediate teams and across the wider business gained in a contracting environment
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, report writing & presentation – to ensure clarity in all situations and to effectively influence client decision making
- People management skills - having managed large teams – covering all areas such as recruitment, PDRs, coaching and mentoring
- Tried and tested methods of influencing in all situations
- Forward thinking – capable of thinking ahead, planning for the future particularly in terms of budgets, financial performance and resource requirements
- An understanding of the benefits of collaboration and the results it can bring a business managing change
- Comfortable driving change and able to generate new ideas which will be workable, realistic and resilient to future changes
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Danny Wheeler on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 127648. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.