Abatec are working with a unique civil engineering company, based in Somerset, to recruit a Project Assistant to join their Operations team on a permanent basis.
Our client is looking for an excellent communicator with natural problem solving abilities, who ideally has prior experience dealing with the organisation of material orders, logistics and workforce allocation. The company has experienced year on year growth and are currently carrying out approximately 800 jobs per annum across the UK. Based on the outskirts of Highbridge, this role would suit an individual that can work to a fast pace while maintaining a high level of organisation.
As the Project Assistant you will :
- Work closely with and support the companies mobile contract managers with normal day to day tasks,
- Assess incoming information from the operational teams, suppliers and clients
- Filter and package this information to ensure it is accurate and precise
- Action or distribute the information to the relevant parties as required.
- Act as the bridge between the operational (site installation) staff and the supporting office disciplines (commercial and scheduling).
Experience and qualities required for the Project Assistant:
- The drive to succeed and move forward is key.
- Experience of working with a sub-contracting environment would be beneficial but not essential
- Normal working ability with standard Microsoft packages, knowledge of share point a positive
- Ability to pick up new computer programmes as required
- The need to (and the associated confidence/strength of character) communicate with all strata of the construction industry (Site operative to MD) is a necessity for this role
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Danny Wheeler on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 127859. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS Word format) to email@example.com.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client.