Abatec are looking for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to work with our client, a regional contractor within their residential and general contracting arm. The successful candidate will be part of a team of 8 surveyors throughout the company however this position would be working out of their Exeter office alongside another QS, whilst the remainder of the surveying team are based out of the Head Office in Bath. This is an extremely exciting time to join the company as they have seen tremendous growth over the past few years, ensuring a sizeable order book for this year with an estimated turnover of over £40m.
- Ensure accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development
- Assist with the preparation of tenders and procure sub-contractors
- Maintain budget control throughout development
- Liaise with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity
- Evaluate and agree variations and instructions
- Manage cost overruns within tolerance levels
- Share best practices with junior members of staff
Our Client is looking for someone with:
- Previous experience within residential or general contracting
- A degree or similar technical qualification in a relevant subject is preferred
- Good management skills and a track record of delivering good results
- Paying up to circa £55,000
- Pension Scheme
- Office based role
- Excellent career progression within the company
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Hayley Fisher on 01934 635025.The reference for this vacancy is 127805. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment agency on behalf of a client