Abatec recruitment are currently recruiting for an experienced Vehicle Technician for a Company based Dunball, Somerset on a 26 week contract. As a vehicle mechanic you will be required to carry out fault diagnosis, vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement within our Priorswood workshop. Fully comply with all HS&E legislation, client’s policies, and the relevant SOPs. Able to provide assistance to other staff as required, communicate effectively with colleagues and superiors. Maintain and develop technical skills as required. You will be expected to work on an extremely wide variety of vehicles including cars, light commercials, HGV’s, tankers and plant equipment.
As a Vehicle Technician you will;
- Diagnose vehicle faults and specify the correct method of repair and parts to be used within defined quality standards and within the most cost effective manner
- Carry out fault diagnosis, vehicle repairs, servicing and parts replacement
- Be expected to work on an extremely wide variety of vehicles including cars, light commercials, HGV’s & tankers
- Be fully conversant with the overhaul and repair of vehicle systems, workshop equipment and diagnostic equipment
- Have basic skills in gas and electric welding, burning and basic body repairs
- Provide assistance to other staff as required, communicate effectively with colleagues and superiors
- Attend vehicle manufacturer product training courses, VOSA vehicle inspection training and vehicle recovery training as required
- To carry out routine vehicle examinations using hand held data capture devices if applicable, in accordance to SOPs and VOSA testing requirements
- To attend road vehicle breakdowns and recoveries.
Our client is ideally seeking candidates with;
- HGV/PSV Licence
- Good problem solving skills
- NVQ level 3 desirable but not essential
- Experience of VOSA testing advantageous
- Full UK Driving licence essential
- 26 week contract
- Competitive rate
- Weekly pay
If you would like more information, or to apply for this vacancy, please contact Chris Gallagher on 01934 635025. The reference for this vacancy is 127691. Alternatively, you can email your current CV (in MS word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always looking for candidates for similar positions, so please register your details with us to hear about similar opportunities that you may be interested in.
Abatec Ltd. is working as an employment business on behalf of a client.